A Boy Cake


My sister requested this character for her 2nd son's birthday, a boboiboy face with his lightning sword. She wanted the same cake I made for her youngest son (Ironman

This time I baked a chocolate chiffon cake as the base and sandwiched with two layers of rich chocolate mousse. 

If I remember correctly, I have watched this cartoon only once and that was last year during a family holiday... It's a local production. 


Using the same method in moulding the sugar paste character, but this time I used food coloring to paint the sugar paste to achieve its vibrant effect :) 


Always prepare the sugar paste decoration in advance and let it air dry in the cupboard... you may leave it on the counter top provided there is no house pest wondering around your house such as mine - I hate the most is lizard!... arrgh~

After crumb-coated and frosted the cake, I placed the center piece on top then pipe the outline using melted chocolate, and continue with the rest of the decoration via star piping.




My sister requested to decorate the cake with the lightning swords, initially wanted to make it using sugar paste but worry that it might melt/bleeding after placing on the fresh cream. As such, I used white chocolate and mixed with the oil food coloring. 

First, I drew the lightning swords in the parchment paper then fill the white chocolate based on the drawings and I have the letter mould for the names. By the way, I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate. 

Verdict: 
I am glad that they like the cake as my family still prefer bakery style cake: chiffon/sponge cake.  

Thank you for stopping by and happy caking :)


Comments

Popular Posts