It's a wonderful experience, my carved cake - Despicable Me

I don't have any experience in carving a cake, if I remembered correctly, I did a small one two years ago for my little nephew.

This little minion cake was requested by a friend, for her 6 years old daughter -Tammy. Grateful for your support, Irene!


I told Irene that I don't have any experience in carving a cake, however, I would like to take up this challenge. I spent a week to research the necessary info and tips. Glad that I found Denise (www.sweetdcakes.ca), she was kind to share her experience when I emailed her about her gorgeous minion creation. Grateful that she replied and her sharing ;) 



I'm glad that the cake turns out great although not as intially envisaged, it's such a wonderful experience. 


It's a five layers lemon butter cake with lemon curd fillings, thank goodness the cake did not require much leveling as it came out flat after baking. The cake height is 7 to 8 inches after assembling. A wooden dowel is required in this tall cake to have a stable structure and plastic dowel at the bottom cake. I used hard plastic straws, and I should have inserted three instead of two. 


Initial planning, it's right hand will be holding the plastic stand up right but it did not hold for long due to weak support... (I will make it right the next time hehe) as such, both hands are lying down. Beside the minion, I made a mini present to place next to it and its a real cake too.


Wonder if I have the opportunity to make a standing Minion in future :)

Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Popular Posts