Simple Chocolaty Cake

Passion in baking.. cake decorating, I remembered my previous employer said that I have the passion in baking during our last meeting and she asked why I love to bake.. In that second, I could not think of any but answered her that I will be happy to see people happy when I baked them a cake ;-)


Just like seeing how happy my angels will be when they see me baking them a simple cake or even cupcakes (or probably you would think that kids love all sort of sweet stuff as they have a bad taste.. hehehe). I am happy and grateful that I am given the opportunity to bake for my family and friends! ^^

Back to this post, I bake a simple cake for my dear friend who will be celebrating her birthday this week. Hope she will like it ^^


This is my 1st attempt in baking Madeira cake and filled 2 layers of Chocolate Ganache Buttercream then frost with Chocolate Ganache.. (hmm, does it sound too chocolaty to you?)

To make it simple and yet presentable, I just decorated it with few berries and sugar Roses.



Well, guess that I really need more practice to brush up my piping skills especially to improve in writing a nicer "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" wording!.. Yes, going to practice it next week plus some figurines too may be.


I made 2 batches of Madeira cakes, mainly is to reserve one for self-tasting. This would let me know if there is anything to be improvised.



For the extra cake, I filled it with Passionfruit curd (Rose's recipe) and the taste is just heavenly matched!.. Delicious passionfruit curd, it smells nice too! Love the aroma of Passionfruit.


Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Popular Posts