My Very First Cake Order

My last order was about 2 years ago (and yes, time flies~) and it was cupcakes for a primary school canteen operator. It was truly a valuable experience and thanks to my brother for soliciting it for me. During then, I supplied an average of 50 cuppies every 2 weeks for about half a year. Later on, he had to resume a 9 to 5 work and hence the cuppies business was suspended/halted.

For the past 2 years, I was on a part-time home based job and thus unable to spare more time to explore my hobby (hobbies..). This year, I am no longer with this part time job and would like to start my baking business in small scale. Hope to gather more experience and bake more wonderful and delicious cakes!..

Firstly, I would like to thank my friend - Belle. She was the first one who know I am planning on this (beside my hubby) and she is my 1st customer! Thank you for your support! I am so excited and happy (of course with bit of worry) to make my 1st cake order presentable and nice!..


This cake was made for a girl who is in love. With minimal request on both design and color, I decided to decorate the cake in Pink - sometimes referred to as "The COLOR OF LOVE".


Most of the time, "LOVE" is associated with heart shape substance or roses. As for this cake, I planned to bake something different and as always, I spent days in researching for decoration ideas and recipes. Finally, shortlisted 2 designs i.e. (1) elegant Roses in Royal Icing and (2) a simple and yet fabulous Rosettes in buttercream. After a few consultation, decided to opt for Option (2) and managed to mix a buttercream that is not overly sweet and yet stiff enough to hold its shape.


And ta-daa~ A Love cake is created and it being named as - my 1st Fancy Rosette Cake ^^


Please forgive me as my camera did not capture its real color of Pink as its looked more like Peach ;-) and just can't stop taking more shots... before its collected!


By the way, I used Wilton tip - size 1M to pipe the Rosette on top of the cake (free-hand, you may want to measure its spacing by poking lightly on the cake to leave a mark for more spacing accuracy) and used Star tip size 21 to pipe the upper border and mini rosette on the bottom border ;-)

Do you want to know: How to make Buttercream Rosettes tip 1M Wilton

Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts