Spring Time Minnie

For Minnie Mouse lovers.. Here to share my Minnie creation - Spring time Minnie!

This cake was made for a 2 years old girl's birthday - Wen Jing. The cake base is Chocolate Banana flavor, recipe adapted from Rose's Heavenly Cakes with chocolate mousseline buttercream & banana filling. I am glad that the little girl loves this cake ^^



Most of the decorations were hand-moulded, except for the flowers, little heart shapes and the name. Those tiny butterflies were being cut-out manually as I do not have this shape of the butterfly cutter (in fact, I don't have any butterfly cutter at that moment). I drew them on a transparency, cut the shape out and trace it on the sugar paste to cut accordingly. I used the FMM tappit alphabet cutter for the name.



As for the Minnie Mouse, its kinda long process. First, I chose the desired image and drew on the paper then trace it on sugar paste.


For the bottom border, I piped beads around the cake (using royal icing). I like beads border ;)



Grateful for the support, Jenny!


For a 3-year old little girl name Zhi Yu. Grateful for the support, Suet Ping!

The cake base is Devil's Food Cake with a layer of chocolate mousseline buttercream. Glad that the birthday girl and her mommy love it so much.. (and yes, recipe was adapted from Rose's Heavenly Cakes ^^)

A similar design using the same technique, different color combination. Instead of 2D ribbon bow, I thought of making a 3D ribbon bow which will look nicer.. and it does! I love it! ^^

Just to share, spent time in making the tiny white hands..



This time I have gotten the butterfly cutter, save more time ;) just that it is not the same like seen in Minnie Mouse show/picture. The mommy requested to be colorful, thus placed two different cut-out shape in two different colors (mini blossom and mini heart) around the Minnie as a frame border.

The wording of Happy Birthday embossed on sugar paste and with spacing in between for the age number - "3rd" then cut it out accordingly. To make it curve like a ribbon, I placed some tissues under both end of the sugar paste.  I did not cover the cake board with sugar paste, just wrapped pink ribbon around it.




If you would like to try to make the ribbon bow, view this video and give it a try ;)

Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Popular Posts