Dedicated to Hello Kitty Lovers

This was my 1st attempt in a 2D Hello Kitty 2D cake specially for my beloved sweetie's 3rd birthday last year. Asked her today if her favorite character still Hello Kitty ... she answered proudly... YES ;-)


I chose a simple design, traced it on a wax paper and transfer the image onto the sugar paste. As for the butterfly design, mould it manually without using any cutter. Satisfying result! :)

                                  *************************************************

6 months later this year in August, a mommy requested to make a Hello Kitty for her beloved daughter. She also shared that her daughter wanted a very girly cake with a lot of pink flowers.

The birthday girl - Sara, is 6 this year!.. Grateful for the support, Shirley ^^

I used my favorite recipe (Rose's Heavenly Cakes - Devil's Food Cake), and chocolate mousseline buttercream filling for the cake.

Blossom Kitty

In the same week, I was to bake 3 large cakes in which one is this Hello Kitty design. The cake was perfect once covered with sugar paste and deco.

The decorations of the cake requested has to be famine, with plenty of flowers deco. I wanted to make a Hello Kitty with dress and this image was the best at the moment. This image was from one of my twinnies' plush toy label tag ^^

All the tiny decorations around the cake were inspired by the new baby raincoat bought by my younger sister. Cutters were used for both flowers and letters, the rest were hand moulded.


You may choose to skip reading the below as it was not a beautiful thing ^^

However, disaster happened in the evening. The sugar paste seemed to be "sliding" downwards at one side of the cake and looked like an elephant leg.. aaaah~! I was so helpless (sob! sob!). Did I miss out any steps?.. I don't know what's the cause of this "disaster". Is it the warm weather that causes the buttercream to melt inside/underneath the sugar paste?.. I really have no idea! To arrest the sliding sugar paste, I just pop it into the fridge to chill the buttercream and cake!..


I was and am still wondering whether:
- The cake is too soft?
- Did not knead the sugar paste long enough?
- Bulging caused by the melted buttercream filling?
- etc...

*********************************************************************************

In September, a mommy requested to bake a colorful layer cake and chocolate cupcakes with Hello Kitty design for her daughter. The birthday girl - Yong Ern, she is 7 years old. Grateful for your support, Poh Leng!

Vividly Kitty
This colorful layer cake is a cake with 6 layers and 5 thin layers of chocolate mousseline filling as requested. Printed out the Hello Kitty image and trace it in the tracing paper, cut the sugar paste according to the image.



Yes, its a girly theme (again) - Pink & Purple combination.. The rest of the decorations were made similar to my previous creation - Colorful Layer Cakes.



I think the last time I made chocolate cupcakes was in June. This is one of my favorite cupcake recipe from Martha Stewards Cupcakes, this cupcake texture was moist. I frosted it with dark chocolate mousseline buttercream.

I was lucky to have a set of Hello Kitty cookie cutters from Japan. The set was bought by my twinnies' principal, so kind of her. Thus, I saved a lot of time to prepare the Hello Kitty topper by using the cutter, after cutting the Kitty shape and let it air dry before proceeding. I spent quite some time in making the bow and the face feature as I was using sugar paste for it eyes & nose. For the whiskers, I tinted it with black food coloring instead of rolling the tiny pieces of sugar paste... ^^



Let the Kitty(s) Out ^^

Some extras for my twinnies' teachers.. The principal like it so much and she ordered this cupcakes from me a week later ^^

Grateful for your support, Serena.



To be continued...

Thank you for stopping by ^^ 

More for all Hello Kitty Lovers at Hello Kitty Collectibles!



Comments

Popular Posts