Live Happily Ever After

Most girls are attracted to Disney princesses, my twinnies no exception :)

In September, one of my girlfriend with a pair of twin daughters too and her twins like princesses as well. About a week ago, she requested if I could make two small cakes for her twins who will be celebrating their birthday in a week time. I'm thrilled and of course, I am more than happy to do so for the twins!

However, I can only make a simple design with their favorite princess for this cake size given such a short notice.

My girlfriend shared that they will be celebrating their birthday back in their hometown. As such, she requested not to have 3D figurine as she is worry that the figurine will collapse during the journey back to hometown.

Initially its hello kitty and sleeping beauty, a day later change of heart to snow white and sleeping beauty ;)

I made German Chocolate Cake recipe from Rose Levy for both 6" inch cakes, one with walnut chocolate ganache and one with strawberry mousseline buttercream as per request. The cake texture was so light and soft as compared to my favorite recipe (Devil's Food Cake). It's firmed enough to support the weight of the sugar paste as stated by the book author (it's definitely a keeper for me).

Filled with Strawberry Mousseline Buttercream

Crumb coated with a layer of Dark Chocolate Ganache

Each two layer cake's finished height is slightly above 2 1/2 inch, it's just nice to be at 3 inch height after filling and covered with sugar paste. I was lucky this time as I did not face any hiccups in covering these two cakes, I was very satisfied and happy with the outcome as it turned out so clean and hence a neat looking cake! :)


The Fairest Princess

I used the same method as to trace the image on the sugar paste and cut accordingly. The most difficult part is to have the princess eyes nicely done. In fact I can choose to make it simple as drawing cartoon eyes but I did not as I would like to make it as similar as possible like the original image.

Isn't it cute these tiny apples? I love them so much! ^^


When I asked the mommy if there are any particular decorative items to be placed on the cake such as butterflies, flowers, various shapes etc.

The snow white birthday cake's owner seems to be flexible on decorations but not flowers. Whereas for the sleeping beauty birthday cake, the owner wanted only decorations, such as balloons, letters, flowers, butterflies.. I have did my best to fulfill the two little girls' request.


Pink & Purple are most girls' favorite colors and it's a perfect match ^^


"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all.."



The Enchanted Beauty of Princess Aurora

The Enchanted Beauty of Aurora




Verdict: the mommy feedback that her twin daughters love the cake..

Grateful for your support, Suzanne. I am glad that they love it and to have such a privilege to bake for the twins!

Stay tune for my sweeties' princesses cakes ^^

Thank you for stopping by.. Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts