My First Fresh Cream Cake - Ironman

My sister asked if I could make her son a birthday cake, my answer would be a definite "Yes" ... anything for my cute little nephew - Jayman :)

Jayman likes Iron Man so I designed the superhero mask as the center piece as requested.

My family members are not big fan of sugar paste design, they preferred some traditional decorations. Hence, I have decided to use whipping cream to decorate it.



I referred the Beatty's Chocolate Cake recipe from Ina Garten, and filling the cake with rich chocolate mousse.


This was my first attempt in making a fresh cream cake with a cartoon image as the decoration ... frankly, I was kinda nervous but at the same time excited to do it (as it was a challenge I longed for) ^^

First, I frosted a thin layer of light blue whipping cream to frost the entire cake followed by using a black tinted piping gel to draw the Iron Man outline.






To finish the decorations, I used Wilton star tip size 16 to pipe the colored whipped cream accordingly. For the cake bottom, I used the same tip size to pipe the shell border using the extra yellow and red colored whipped cream.



I am satisfied with the end result ... and it was one attempt and without any hiccups! Phew~

Verdict:
The cake blend well with the rich chocolate mousse, tasted soft and light.

Note-to-self:
1. Whipped cream will gradually melt especially during hot weather, chill the cake after spreading the cream on sides and top of the cake.
2. Chill the whipping cream for 30 minutes if its too soft to frost. Whisk slightly before using.

Thank you for stopping by and happy caking!

Comments

  1. What did you use to color the whip cream? And the frosting is just heavy whipping cream whipped right? No added stuff besides the color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, I used Wilton food coloring to tint the whipped cream, no added other ingredients except icing sugar (powdered sugar). Hope it helps. Thanks & Happy Caking!

      Delete
  2. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. bakery bentonville ar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi how did you colour the cream red? When I colour using Wilton Christmas red colour, it comes pink. How long does it stay like this without the colours spreading?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts