When They are 4 - part 2

Celebrated twinnies' 4th birthday early in Penang, just a family gather-together holiday. We would like to spend more time with the girls.


I have made some lemony cuppies and two little doll cakes for them, they love it! ;)


Also, baked some cuppies for them to celebrate with their kindy's friends. This time I would like to experience something new: drawing and paint it with food coloring.

Enya's all time favorite character is still Minnie Mouse, Myra chose Princess Snow White. Initially, I planned to only make the center piece i.e Snow White and Minnie Mouse, the rest will be flower drawing. However, the final decision was to replace the flowers Minnie's friends and the Seven Dwarfs.


Tried to get some ideas from the web, no luck to for the Seven Dwarfs cupcakes design, but managed to find some simple Dwarfs picture that I can follow. 

I printed the picture out with adjusted image size, drew it on the wax paper and traced on a piece of cupcake size sugar paste. 


As for Minnie and friends theme, spent more time in my research. I have found some designs, the trademark were moulded with sugar paste which is not my preference this time.

The final design has been decided, i.e. Minnie's friends feet! hehehe... what a brilliant idea! I am so lucky to have my supporter here with me all the times, whenever I am struggling in designing a cake/cupcake... he is always there for me. (Mmuacks!!! My hunny Mr. B!)

Using the same technic, print out the image to the desired size and draw it on a wax paper. Then trace it on the sugar paste.

Besides the Minnie and Snow White, flower & rose design is meant for their teachers.



References:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4861966_paint-fondant-food-coloring.html
http://bakeeatlovenow.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-paint-on-fondant-cake.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO7oiwx2_ws

Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Popular Posts