Thomas The Tank Engine version 2


My friend ordered this cake on behalf of her son's friend in school. Grateful for you support, Margaret!

This was my second time of moulding Thomas The Tank Engine, satisfying outcome! As compared to my 1st attempt, I think this time looked much better than the first time in terms of the body structure and measurements.


Each part of the train was moulded separately and let it harder by air dry. The very first part I did, the bottom of the train and the wheels.

As for the face of Thomas, I found this tutorial posted by Ann Reardon (How to cook that).



For the bottom of the cake, I used green food coloring to paint the grass effect instead of moulding using sugar paste and touched up the trees too :)


One of my most satisfying piece of ART! 


Happy Caking and Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Popular Posts