Oriental Princess Cake

A loving mommy requested a simple yet elegant cake, with sugar paste design and a princess figurine as the centre piece. Soft pink and white is the colour theme for the cake.

Grateful for your support, Shirley :) 




Here is my creation of Oriental Princess Cake, base cake is the usual recipe I baked for most of my cake order: Moist Chocolate Cake. It is a 3-layer cake and sandwiched with dark chocolate ganache.


Placed sugar pearl beads around the cake top and bottom, and ruffles on the cake sides. I did the quilt design and painted with silver colour line around the silver sugar beads.


This is how I did my little figurine, using a small paper case as the dress :) Damp the bottom of the fondant torso part using a paint brush then stick on the paper case, let it air-dry. Alternative, wet half of the toothpick then insert to torso then poke it into the paper case.

Once the fondant torso is "sitting" on the paper case firmly, then cover the body with dark pink fondant then only the dress area with lighter pink fondant.






Thank you for stopping by and happy cake decorating ^^

Comments

Popular Posts