My Happy God of Longevity ^^


Here is my first 2-tiers cake (12" and 8" round) after my cake decorating course assignment a few years ago. That was a 3-tier wedding cake decorated with black sugar roses. I can't locate the photos, thus not able to share my creation in this post.

This cake was requested by a filial son who will be celebrating his beloved father's 70 years old birthday. As usual, I baked my favourite moist chocolate cake and and sandwiched with dark chocolate ganache filling.


This was my sketching of the cake design before proceeding, sketching B was the final design chosen and substituted the number 70 with the Chinese wording (meaning ....).


Hand moulded my first Happy God of Longevity, very satisfying outcome :)
(after photo shooting only realised missing his little nose... hehehe)


After "fixing" his nose, looks much better ^^


All the Chinese wordings were hand crafted, as for the centre piece, using the same method: print out, trace the wording in parchment paper then trace on fondant/sugar paste. Cut and trim according the outline. Let it air dry then paint using food colouring. Ta-da~



Mini 3D Chinese peaches...


and used small size heart shape cutter for the 2D Chinese peach for the cake bottom.


Different angle of my Happy God of Longevity ^^



Top view angle of my Happy God of Longevity ;)

Thank you for stopping by and happy cake decorating! 

Comments

Popular Posts