Happy 3rd Birthday Sweeties! - Part 1

Celebrated my sweeties' 3 years old birthday last weekend and glad that they love their cake!..
6 months ago, I asked them what kind of cake they would like for their birthday and surprisingly they knew what they wanted - Enya requested for a Minnie Mouse cake, Myra requested for a Hello Kitty cake (they were very consistent i.e. giving the same reply whenever I asked them - every week.. amazing~ hahaha). Of course, the color of the cake is their favorite color except Myra only mentioned that she wanted a Hello Kitty cake in yellow color ;-)




For the past two years, they were having two birthday party - one with our family and one with their nursery friends. Similar arrangement this year too!.. This year I got each of them a cake for both events, which means a total of four cakes need to be baked and decorated!

Over the past 3 month, I got my laptop with me almost every single night after settling my sweeties to bed.  Otherwise recipe books were the alternative accompanying me (of course my hubby too)! The design (as shown) and recipe was finalized a month before their birthday (phew~)


I baked the two main cakes 2 days in advance, covered and decorated with fondant a day before the celebration. I was happy that everything turn out smoothly as not having much problem in handling/covering the cake with fondant.



Time management was critical, in order to make 4 cakes in time. The cakes for the family celebration will be full size as more adults/people were attending the party whereas the cakes for the nursery event will be simple and as such took lesser time in decorating it - Rainbow decoration has been finalized! ;-)

Verdict:
1. Cake with Minnie Mouse deco is a little too sweet for our Asian taste (although sugar has been reduced) as most of us do not have a sweet tooth like the westerns. Probably its because of the sweet filling too. Next attempt will definitely try with other sour filling.
2. Cake with Hello Kitty deco is the most favored as it's a butter cake with chocolate mousseline buttercream.

Comments

Popular Posts