When They Are 4... Princess Design Cakes

Twinnies turned 4 in November last year, time flies! We are blessed to see our sweeties growing up well, healthy and happy.

As a parent, we always wanted to give the best to our sweetheart(s). No exception for us.

Both of them have been requesting for a princess cake. Which princess? Enya chose Little Mermaid (Princess Ariel) after she saw the one I made in June earlier for a birthday girl name Sophia. 





Myra was very flexible with any decorations so long the cake has a Cinderella image. Both girls were there while I was making the sugarpaste, both of them were like my supervisor checking on my work by telling me the color is not the same as image and requested to adjust. Myra is very observant and/or demanding? Hehehe

I used my favorite recipe - devils food cake and sandwiched with strawberry mousseline buttercream for the Little Mermaid cake. Myra wanted a vanilla cake so I made a white velvet cake and sandwiched with chocolate mousseline buttercream. 

In addition, I have to cater to my dad's preference of using margarine instead of butter. In order to substitute butter with margarine, I would have to reverse the beating process. As a result of my anxiousness, I have forgotten about the reverse process only to realize the small mistake after 2 attempts (third time lucky). Wasted so much ingredients, time and effort but it was worth a lesson. Nonetheless, the 3rd attempt was successful as its height was perfect.






















Making the Little Mermaid was easy as compared to the first time. Using the same method, draw the image on wax paper then lightly trace it on the sugar paste and cut the shape accordingly. 





Done!




Cinderella was my first time, definitely there are room for improvement. My younger sister laughed at it and saying that's the "plump version of Cinderella"... (Lol ^^) 







Verdict: 
Too little filling for both cakes, I should have fill more for a two layers 8-inch size in future.

The white velvet was not at room temperature even it was thawed at room temperature for more than 4 hours from fridge. It's too dense. It should be soft and moist. (Left some extra pieces overnight on the counter top and its tasted delicious the next morning!)

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts