A Gift From Sea - Sea Birdnest


Sea Bird-nest (a type of seaweed) is a gift from sea, a natural healthy food. In my previous post, I have shared some information with regards to Sea Bird-nest (in Chinese version).

Did some research from the net in order to understand it more, and got to know that this seaweed is rich in enzyme nutrients, minerals, calcium, iron, multitude fibers and jelly form proteins. It is especially good for the skin, vegetarian diet and daily fiber diet intake. It is the perfect health food for children, pregnant women, menopause, and the elderly. Source of collagen is much more higher than those in bird nest.

This seaweed is an easy cooking ingredient but you would need to clean it thoroughly to remove the salty sea taste.

One of the easy-peasy recipe will be the following:
Jelly
Boil seaweed until dissolved, add fruit juice, honey (any flavor), refrigerator and done.
(Recommend: 1500cc water + 500g seaweed)


I used my own-created recipe (in Ribena flavor) posted earlier and make it in different cutie mould to attract my sweeties (or probably myself, hehe).



Prior to this, I followed the common recipe - dried longan with red dates.



End Result: Its tasted nice in any flavor. Give it a try!.. Happy Trying ^^


Comments

Popular Posts