A Modest Ben10 Cake


My sister requested for a Ben 10 cake for his youngest son's 3rd birthday which was a week away. Initially I wanted to cover the cake with fondant and other decorative stuff of its trademark, but my dearly sister just wanted a simple plain chocolate without any fancy filling or decoration. There goes all my research and planning for a thorough Ben 10 cake with lots characters from the Ben 10 cartoon. All those ideas and planning were flushed away and in the end this was made & decorated..

What do you think, is it too simple and modest (malaysian called "cin-cai")?

A single layer birthday cake without filling just feel like something is missing, don't you agree? I filled a thin layer of mousseline buttercream and frosted with whipping cream.



I'm glad that I was able to make the Ben10 fondant character in time - that's the master piece (one time effort and it was a success! Phew~).. I can't afford to fail due to limited time.

Every piece of cake which is baked from scratch and decorated based on one's preference involved a lot of time, effort and of course "love"! I am really happy that I have made my little nephew's day!.. Happy 3rd Birthday, little Jayman ;-)


Another Ben10 cake will be in June!

By the way, this week will be another busy week as need to spring clean house and bake cookies for Chinese New Year.

Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Popular Posts