My Very First Number 1 Cake

My very 1st Number ONE cake, appreciated that my best friend for giving me this opportunity. The cake was meant for her niece - Ming Xuan, for celebrating her 1st Birthday. Grateful for your support, Connie!

I found this useful tutorial from the web, and would like to share it with you. I baked an 8-inch square cake, after re-shaped it into Number 1 and the size just nice like the commercial Number 1 pan.

Bake my favorite recipe - Rose's Devil's Food Cake for the Number 1 cake, and Yellow Butter Cake for Little Pressie Cakes.

Make the sweet baby girl as the center piece, 3D ribbon bow to wrap around the cake and a pair of the baby shoes (my new collection of silicone mould, heheh).






Sorry that I did not capture any photo during the cutting process due to... my mind was occupied with the process: bake, cool, fill, cut and arrange....

Prepared in advance:
1. Draft measurement in drawing.

2. Actual measurement drawing in art paper.



3. One 16-inch Square Cake Board.

Assembly:
1. Slice the cake into 2 layers, sandwich the cake layers with desired filling.

2. Refrigerate the cake for about an hour, then cut in to respective shapes according to the measurement.

3. Arrange the cakes to form the Number 1 shape like shown in the picture on the cake board.

4. Crumb-coating with dark chocolate ganache, leave it at room temperature to set. It can be refrigerated for half an hour but I did not do so as limited space in my fridge :)

5. Apply a thin layer of apricot glaze before covering with sugar paste, then decorate the cake as desired.


Other useful tutorial:
http://onelittleproject.com/rainbow-mms-first-birthday-cake/
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-number-1-girl-birthday-cake-10.html

Thank you for stopping by ^^

Comments

Popular Posts