Kitty Coming to Live

Continued from my previous post on Dedicated to Hello Kitty Lover. Here are some other Hello Kitty designs that I have made thus far in 2012.

A mommy requested for a small size cake with Hello Kitty face for her sweetie - Hayden, this is my version of Simple Kitty :)






♥-------------------------------------------------------------------------♥

Proudly introducing my 1st set of Hello Kitty Figurines, hand-moulded by using sugar paste. 

A lovely mommy would like to have a 3D Hello Kitty figurine cake for her lovely daughter, made a White Velvet cake, with fresh strawberries and Strawberry Mousseline Buttercream filling. Grateful for your support, Sheryl.



This was my 1st attempt in moulding Kitty figurine, spent quite some time moulding the head. Understand that using gum paste will be better as it will harden faster as compared to using sugar paste. However, the cost of gum paste here stopped me from using it. Hence, I will be spending more time in moulding a figurine especially if it is my 1st attempt. 

The cutie rabbit seemed to be easy to mould, but the end result of the1st piece was not up to my expectation thus, that was the 2nd piece which is on display :)


Everything was on schedule, no crack or wrinkled skin on sugar paste after covering the cake besides it bulged a little (phew ~)


Minor disaster happened in the morning on the day of collection (why~ always asking myself), did you notice the large yellow flower behind Kitty? The flower petal was soften, it bends... I suspect the support is not strong enough as I only used two tiny toothpick for this large flower. I was naive to make a new set which I know very well it will not harden in hours as my friend was coming to collect it in the afternoon. End up I stick a wooden stick behind the flower to give a strong support on the new set. 

I felt so bad that I got to deliver the cake with a visible wooden stick behind... I apologized for the accident that happen to the cake. 

p/s: Lesson learnt - To have strong support for large decorations. 

♥---------------------------------------------------------------------♥

After the above Kitty & Friends cake was introduced, my friend's daughter would like to have the same design but the cake will be smaller size. The birthday girl likes chocolate cake, and sandwiched with a layer of Dark Chocolate Mousseline Buttercream. Grateful for your support, Margaret!



Based on my first experience in moulding Kitty & Friends figurines, this time I did not encounter the same issue like before. Everything was smoothly done ^^

It is always easier to cover a smaller cake than a large cake with sugar paste, at least no big "bulging" would be expected in the next morning and the sugar paste stick firm & nicely ^^


♥ Thank you for stopping by ♥

Comments

Popular Posts